Wednesday 4 September 2013

How to Have A Party Without The Guests of Honour

For the past couple of months my sisters-in-law and I have been planning a party for my sister and her husband to celebrate the upcoming birth of their first baby later this month.

The Melon Baby
We were having it catered, baking our own desserts, planned the decorations and made up the games. We even had a teleconference to make sure we had everything covered...that's how organized we were!

The very day of the shower as we were setting up and making the melon baby, my sister calls me to tell me that her water broke (a month early) and that she couldn't come to the party because they were keeping her in the hospital until the baby is born which would be within a week. What are the odds of that?!

The onesie cake my cousin made




So, now what? We have 50 guests and no guests of honour.


After we made sure my sister and the baby were ok, we went on with the party! She called in and thanked everyone on speaker phone. We ate, played the games and even opened all her presents (just in case she got stuff she now needed right away). We had each person pick a gift and open it. We videoed it all for them to see later.

The baby block cake she also made



Although the guests of honours were not there, everyone still had a great time and all our hard work was appreciated.

My baby nephew Adam arrived August 22nd, everyone is happy and healthy. He obviously wanted to come to the party and decided he was coming that day!

Now we have many more parties to plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment