Monday 9 January 2012

Popovers With Braised Leeks



I'm not exactly sure of what a Yorkshire pudding is. All I know is that it seems to be something that British people eat on Sundays with roast beef. It doesn't look like a pudding but I've always been intrigued. They look like they would be the perfect nibble on a January day when you want something to stick to your ribs. I saw a recipe for popovers with braised leeks and knew this was going to be my vegetarian answer to a Sunday Yorkshire pudding dinner. They were delightful! I love how they puffed up like little doughy mounds. They were smothered with sweet and savoury leeks and veggie bacon and made me feel like I was having a fancy Sunday dinner, no roast beef required.

1 comment:

  1. these look so good!!!
    and a yorkshire pudding is basically a popover. they just have funny names for things over here. :P

    ReplyDelete