Tuesday 29 November 2011

Craft Show Good Cheer

We are past the midway point of The One of a Kind Show and things are chugging along splendidly. My booth neighbours are great and luckily I can't hear the continuous loop of Christmas music too clearly from where I am. Not that there is anything wrong with Christmas music. I am, in fact, feeling rather festive but ten days of the same music over and over again can make a girl feel like a bit of a Grinch!

The best thing about these shows is meeting the people who love our aprons. It is always fun to hear people giggling at the sayings and hearing their stories. The other day I had a grandmother, mother and daughter visit my booth. They were all absolutely adorable. Last year the grandma received a Domistyle apron and this year she was buying one for her daughter and granddaughter. I love that three generations of women will be cooking and wearing their aprons together! It is amazing how many people make this show an annual event to have quality time together. I met a mother and daughter who have been coming to the show every year for twenty years. A new mom came solo to treat herself to some quiet wandering time. You can't help but pick up on the good energy at this show. It is easy to feel like I am in a cocoon when doing the crafting and business side of things, but meeting and interacting with the people who actually appreciate the work makes it all worthwhile and so much fun.

If you are planning a trip to the show be sure to drop by, we are at booth R-44 and would love to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment