Saturday 24 September 2011

Crazy Cat Lady



I was in Urban Outfitters with a girlfriend when we both spotted plate with a cat on it at the same time. Not just any cat mind you. This was a magical, hypnotizing cat. We both grabbed a plate and started squealing.

"Look at those eyes!" She exclaimed."He's trying so hard to tell me something!"

It's true. He was. That cat had a lot to say and had a very expressive mouth and eyes.

"We have to get these!" She shrieked, sounding like she was on the verge of hysteria. "Imagine when I have you over for tea and cookies and this guy is under a cookie!"

It was a thrilling thought and I was falling deeper and deeper in love the more I stared at the kitty face.

"Won't this cement us as crazy cat ladies though?" I asked, imagining sweatshirts with cats wearing cowboy boots and needlepoint pictures of kittens with balls of string looming in our future.

My friend wasn't listening. I found her cradling a pillow shaped like a cat.

I managed to wrestle the pillow away from her, but we both walked out with the cat plates. If I am a crazy cat lady, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment