Tuesday 30 August 2011

Mrs. Fields Cookie Recipe




Who doesn't love Mrs. Fields cookies, those gooey bastions of cookie perfection?

I found a recipe claiming to be the Mrs. Fields cookie recipe here and decided to try to recreate the magic. I suspected that a key magical ingredient would have been left out. I've heard of cooks who omit something so that it never turns out quite the same in order to retain their champion cookie/cake/preserve maker crown.

I decided to attempt them despite my suspicions. I baked the cookies for longer than the recipe specified because they looked underdone and my oven can be weird sometimes. Next time I will bake them just as Mrs. Fields instructed. They were very yummy but not quite as magical as the original. I will just have to keep baking (and eating) until I get it right. Someone's gotta do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment