Wednesday 31 August 2011

Cauliflower Popcorn



I made a delicious snack of roasted cauliflower and I can't eat it fast enough. So fun and yummy! It is like having popcorn made of cauliflower!

I broke a cauliflower into little florets, tossed it with a sprinkle of olive oil, coarse salt and chili powder, spread it in a single layer in a roasting dish and roasted it at 450 degrees for forty minutes. Presto! Spicy cauliflower popcorn!*

*Disclaimer: Okay. maybe I am exaggerating a little bit. It doesn't taste like popcorn. If there was a blind taste test involving my cauliflower popcorn no one would whip off their blindfold and be astonished that they hadn't been eating real popcorn. They would know. I'm just saying that as far as having a healthy snack of vegetables, this one is pretty exciting and is a welcome and tasty change from celery sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment