Tuesday 9 August 2011

Chickpea and Raisin Salad




This may be the easiest salad ever.

I found the recipe in Real Simple magazine and it has quickly become a staple. I have already brought it to a barbecue where it was an instant hit and I have been keeping some in the fridge for when I am peckish and need a little protein pick me up. I brought it with me to a wholesale show this weekend and it kept my strength up during the long days of apron showcasing and chatting.

Chickpea and Raisin Salad (from Real Simple magazine)

In a small saucepan simmer 1 cup raisins, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 2 tsp sugar. Remove from heat and let cool

Throw 3 cans of chickpeas (drained), 1 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley, but I am a cilantro freak) 4 sliced scallions and the raisin mixture in a bowl

Add 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp cumin salt and pepper

And that is it my friends. Real Simple indeed and oh so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment