Monday 18 April 2011

Grey Skies Lemon Loaf




It has been a bleak spring so far and I am starting to lose patience. I am tired of wearing my winter coat. This weekend was particularly yucky. It was cold and felt more like November than April. Everything was the same tone of grey.

If Mother Nature isn't cooperating, I have decided to make my own sunshine. When life hands you lemons in the form of grey skies, bake a lemon loaf dammit!

I tied on my new Baking Beauty apron and made a yogurt lemon loaf that was moist and sweet and lip puckeringly tart all at once. I topped it with bunting that I made by stringing dollar store pompoms on a piece of yarn tied to bamboo skewers. It was a perfect slice of cheer for a gloomy grey day served with a cup of tea. Take that grey yucky day. I made my own sunshine and even though I am still bitter that I am wrapped up in a sweater right now, my day is a lot brighter.

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific idea to brighten up a gloomy day! I especially love the bunting you added to the yummy looking cake...can't wait to try this recipe! The apron looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete