Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

I felt a charge in the air today, a twinge of expectation. The card and chocolate shops were bustling. I noticed men and women with shopping bags emblazoned with lingerie logos. The sight of bouquets of bright flowers touched me on this grey February day. Perhaps I am just succumbing to the propaganda and feeling sprightly because a card company is telling me that today is a frisky kind of day.

Maybe it is because the deep freeze the city has been under has lifted and it actually feels like there was a touch of spring in the air. Whatever it was, I felt promise today, a little twinge of good things around the corner. I'm feeling the love.

To celebrate I baked chocolate dipped shortbread cookies. I will be my own valentine, share some cookies with friends if there are any left over, pour myself a glass of wine and send out a toast to the romantics out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment