Saturday 26 February 2011

Cozy Oscar Party

The Academy Awards are this weekend and I am not in the mood to get all glammed up for a fancy Oscar party. Instead, I will invite a couple of girlfriends over to don their sweats and join me on the couch. We will criticize the outfits and speeches to our hearts content, suffer through the boring acceptance speeches and roll our eyes during the painful musical numbers. As I watch the actresses trying to breathe in their impossible dresses, I will feel grateful that I can snack with abandon and not worry about exploding out of a gown.

Naturally, many snacks will be in order for such a long night and what better choice than popcorn. I decided on an assortment of savory and sweet popcorns and chilled Prosecco seems like a festive sparkly accompaniment. We will be well stocked for a night of armchair heckling.

Here's the recipe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment