Friday 11 March 2011

Homemade Play Doh

My nephew is coming for a visit so I decided that it was time to make homemade Play-Doh. Everyone loves Play-Doh. I remember the exquisite squishiness of it, the colours, and the endless possibilities in my hands. I loved how easily something could be created then just as easily be squished down to nothing. Oh the bliss and non-commitment! The valuable demonstration of how painstakingly something can be built and how quickly it can be squished to smithereens. The Buddhist lesson of the transient nature of life. It's not just playing, it is a life lesson all rolled up into a sticky colourful blob!

I found a recipe for homemade Play Doh and whipped up a batch, adding food colouring to my assorted piles. We will don our aprons and set to work. I will be the best auntie playmate ever.

Play-Doh Recipe
1 c. flour
1 c. boiling water
2 tbsp. cream of tartar
1/2 c. salt
1 tbsp. oil
Food colouring

Mix and knead together.

No comments:

Post a Comment