|Image from beedivinedesigns.com|
It's always amazing when you get a lot of support from friends and family. It makes you feel loved and that you are on the right path. Lee and I get unbelievable support and we wanted to thank everyone who help us on our Domistyle journey.
We decided to have a thank you party to show our appreciation. It's generally tough to get everyone together on a weekend evening with a shortage of baby sitters and general life busyness. So we thought a brunch would do the trick.
We had a great turn out with about 25 people and served up Overnight Berry French Toast (recipe below) and gluten free quiche...both a big hit. We also picked up a bunch of pastries from our local bakery, lots of fruit and a mixed green salad on the side.
Everyone seemed happy and full. What a great way to get everyone together on a Sunday afternoon. We hope this will be a continuing tradition as we grow our Domistyle family.
Thank you to EVERYONE who has helped and supported us over the years.
Penny and Lee
Overnight Berry French Toast
1 cup brown sugar, packed (I replaced with date sugar and Sucanat)
1/4 cup butter, melted (I used Earth Bound)
1 cup berries (I used a combo of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries and had a bunch extra on the side for topping)
1 1/2 cups milk (I used rice milk)
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
12 slices bread (I used whole wheat from the bakery and did a separate gluten free one with Kinnikinnick Soft Multigrain bread
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture evenly on bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
2. Cover with 6 slices of bread. Sprinkle another 1/3 of sugar mixture over bread and scatter berries on top.
3. Place remaining bread on fruit. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
4. Beat eggs, milk and salt together. Pour evenly over bread. Press down lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 40 - 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Serve warm with maple syrup and any extra berries.