Monday 10 December 2012

Super Easy Thai Noodles

The super easy and delicious Thai soup I made the other day gave me a craving for more Thai. Really, someone just needs to say Thai and I have an instant craving. It is always so comforting, flavourful and delicious. I have attempted to make my own Pad Thai but it never works out. It is always more like Bad Thai. Or Sad Thai. If anyone out there has a foolproof recipe please let me know!!




 In the meantime I found this recipe for spicy and sweet Thai noodles. No Bad Thai here! It is more like a noodle salad, spicy, sweet and oh so yummy!

Spicy Thai Noodles:

Boil a box of linguine noodles or angel hair pasta and drain.

Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and 1/2 cup of sesame oil along with 1-2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes in a pan for 2 minutes. Strain and reserve the oil. Whisk in 6 tbsp each of soy sauce and honey.

Toss sauce with the noodles, then top with 2 peeled and shredded carrots, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 3/4 cup chopped peanuts, 1/2 cup chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment