Friday 6 April 2012

Naturally Dyed Eggs


(photo courtesy of The Kitchn)

I am dying to try this!

I saw this post about dying eggs naturally on The Kitchn and I was instantly inspired. They look so beautiful. I happen to have an excessive amount of tumeric and this would be a marvelous way to use my stash. For a while I kept thinking I was in need of tumeric and would buy more every time I was at the spice store in Kensington Market. Eventually I discovered baggies of tumeric littered around various cupboards. I had no idea I was a tumeric hoarder (I really need to reorganize my kitchen shelves). I also have a head of purple cabbage that has been giving me the stink-eye because the leaves are starting to wither and I have yet to do anything with it. What a great, guilt-free way to use up excessive stuff in the kitchen and make something beautiful at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment