Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bit of Everything Salad



I am not usually a throw stuff together and wing it kind of cook. I may dabble a little bit but I tend to need a recipe. I am amazed when people just grab things from their cupboards and create something delicious. Well, today I threw caution to the wind and threw together a salad. It came about because I started to worry about the state of some of my veggies. I had a couple of sweet potatoes that were looking a little forlorn and two peppers that were starting to look like they were up to something. I also had a bag of frozen corn fall on my foot when I opened the freezer door. I decided it was a sign to throw them all toegther and see what happened. The result was a scrumptious bowl of deliciousness and some bragging rights on my part:

Bit of Everything Salad:
First, I diced and roasted my sweet potatoes. I tossed them in a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and roasted until they were soft.

Then I drained a can of black beans, defrosted some of my attacking frozen corn, diced up my red and green suspicious peppers, diced a bit of red onion and threw them in as well.

I made a dressing of olive oil, lemon, minced garlic and a bit of chili powder and voila! I am a wing it kind of salad gal, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment