Friday 30 March 2012

Healthy Craft Show Snack



I am loving my time at the One of a Kind Show! It is always a wild frenzy getting set up and I am pooped and in need of a massage and a night of bad television when it is over, but meeting my customers and hearing people giggle over the aprons makes it all worthwhile.

The other day my friend dropped off amazing bars to help keep my energy up. Knowing that it is very easy to overload on sugar during these shows (The shortbread! The chocolate bark!) my friend made sure to find a super healthy recipe that was delicious. She passed on the recipe so that I can share it for the next time you need a yummy boost, craft show or no craft show.

Healthy Craft Show Bars
The base: Mix 1/3 cup margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup each of whole wheat flour and bran and press into a 9 inch (un-greased) square baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan a little. Let it cool.

Topping: In a small saucepan melt 1/4 cup organic natural peanut butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2tbsp margarine over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in 2 eggs, 1 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup dried chopped fruit (my friend added dried mangoes and cranberries, so yummy).

Spread mixture over base and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment