Wednesday 8 February 2012

Not Your Typical Salad



I had an urge for something light and crunchy. It felt like a salad kind of day. I didn't feel like a run of the mill, head of romaine kind of salad, however. I was looking for something a little more inspiring. I saw a recipe for Martha Stewart's fennel, red onion and parsley salad and was intrigued. That didn't sound run of the mill at all and it certainly promised some crunch.

I was a little suspicious of the raw red onion. The recipe promised that if I soaked everything in an ice bath for 10 minutes it would calm down the onion and give it less of a bite. Martha didn't lie. The onion was mild and the salad was fresh and clean tasting. Just what I needed before I head off to eat popcorn while I watch a film at Doc Soup tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment