Wednesday 22 February 2012

Cupcake Time



The other day I was meeting with a friend and her two wee ones. I decided to make cupcakes, figuring that the three year old would have fun decorating them and when the kids were all hopped up on sugar I could quietly take my leave. I tried to think of what could be kid and adult friendly and found this heavenly recipe for chocolate cupcakes with a cream cheese and orange frosting. Chocolate and orange are always a delightful pair and a cream cheese frosting never disappoints. You can smear cream cheese frosting on an old shoe and it will be delicious. The super wee one was smeared with cupcake and kept screaming for "upcakes", while the three year old spent a lot of time digging holes in the icing before sticking a giant spoonful of it in his mouth. I later witnessed his mom doing the exact same thing (not the digging part, the spooning the icing into her mouth part). Kid and mom approved. Success!

Because I am a bit of a pom pom addict, I decorated a few cupcakes with coloured toothpicks topped with mini pompoms but not necessarily the best adornment with young children around...

No comments:

Post a Comment