Thursday 8 December 2011

The Perfect Holiday Cookie



I know that in the vast world of holiday cookies, there are many that can be considered the perfect specimen: your favourite auntie's shortbread, extra boozy rum balls, painstakingly rolled rugelas, gingerbread men just begging you to bite their heads off...

I know it isn't fair to just say that there is one perfect cookie out there, so I won't. Let me just say that these chewy gingersnaps should be added to the list. The kitchen smells amazing while these are baking, spicy and warm and way better than any holiday scented candle. They are chewy with a bit of crispness around the edges, the candied ginger offers a little kick and the cashews give them a hint of salt. Heaven. Did I mention they freeze well too?
These chewy morsels of delight will be a perfect little gift for the holidays.

You can find the genius recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment