Tuesday 27 December 2011

It's Time for Soup!


It has been a non-stop month long feeding frenzy! I have enjoyed all the noshing but I think I've hit a wall. Between multiple Christmas dinners with family, visiting with friends, bonbons and baked goods that seem to be appearing from everywhere, I have been in constant eating mode. I know how sharks feel where they are just swimming and eating in constant motion.

Tonight I decided to give my overworked jaw a break. It is snowing like crazy and everything is calling out for a bowl of soup. No sides, no dessert, just something soothing and nourishing that I don't have to chew.

I made this Green Pea and White Bean Soup from Chatelaine magazine and it fit the bill perfectly: a pretty colour, soothing and super easy to make. I will chew again tomorrow. For now I will put my feet up and sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment