Thursday 1 December 2011

Crafty Advent Calendars



I can't believe it is December 1st already and Christmas is less than a month away! Actually, I can believe it since I have been at The One of a Kind Show, surrounded by shoppers and listening to Christmas carols all day. The fact that Christmas is practically around the corner shouldn't really be a news flash. Nevertheless, I am always taken aback when I realize that some of my grandiose plans may have to wait until next year. Take advent calendars for example. I saw a slideshow of advent calendars on babble.com a while ago and had big plans to assemble one, complete with little treats in time for December 1st. I love the idea of counting down to the big day and having a little daily surprise. What a great tradition. Unfortunately for me, it's not happening this year. Next year I will channel the superstars I've met at the show who have already completed their holiday shopping and will spend the lead up to Christmas wrapping, baking and enjoying time with loved ones - and admiring their lovely advent calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment