Wednesday 16 November 2011

Tasty Thai Soup



I am happy to be back home in my own cozy bed after a long tour of show duty. It was great being in L.A. and Vancouver, I met some delightful people, the shows were a lot of fun but I am pooped! I think I am also coming off an extended sugar high. My daily diet mainly consisted of cookies and chocolate, standard show fare, but I am starting to realize that a girl can't live on cookies alone. As I noshed on sweets in my booth I started to dream of green veggies, hearty soups, and platters of real food that would be chock full of nutrition.

As a result I am beyond excited to be eating a pail of this heavenly Thai soup I found here. It was easy to make and has all the spicy goodness I was dreaming of when I was in my sugar haze. Soothing soupy paradise!

Easy Thai Soup:

In a soup pot heat 1 tbsp oil, add 1 chopped onion, 1 clove of minced garlic, and stir till it is soft. Midway add 1 tsp chopped ginger and stir some more. Add 1-3 tsp red curry paste (I added 3 tsp and lordy! it was hot, maybe tone it down a bit with 2 tsp). Add 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth, half a can of coconut milk, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp turmeric, and 1 tbsp soy sauce.

Bring it to a boil and add some chopped veggies. I had carrots, celery and broccoli but you can use whatever you have. You can also add tofu or noodles if you want to make the soup heartier.

Let it simmer until the vegetables are soft, then stir in the juice of a lime.

It was so yummy and delicious. Just what the doctor ordered for a gal who has been overdosing on sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment