Tuesday 22 November 2011

Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad




Thanks Chatelaine! I expect that this recipe I tore out from Chatelaine magazine is going to keep me fueled and healthy for the upcoming One of a Kind Craft Show. I love quinoa, it is chock full of protein and I need something that will be easy to pack and nibble on to keep myself fortified during the long hours at my booth.

Quinoa-Tabbouleh Salad
Bring 1 3/4 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Rinse 1 cup of quinoa with cold water then add to the boiling water with a pinch of salt. Simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes.

Dice 1/4 English cucumber and 1 green pepper. Thinly slice 5 green onions and chop a bunch of parsley. Whisk 1/2 cup olive oil with a 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp chili powder.

Add the hot quinoa to the oil mixture and toss, then let cool. When cool, toss with the vegetables and parsley, refrigerate for 1 hour.

Healthy craft show snack here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of quinoa and this looks delicious and chock full of healthy stuff!

    ReplyDelete