Sunday 28 August 2011

Sweet and Salty Toasted Chickpeas




I saw a recipe for toasted chickpeas on Indie Fixx and had to make them immediately. Sweet and salty is the perfect combination for any snack in my book. What a splendid way to get a crunchy snack fix and be healthy at the same time. Next time I will pay attention to the instructions to cook the chickpeas for 20 minutes. I heard popping noises and took them out too soon and they weren't crunchy enough. I returned them to the oven and proceeded to ignore the popping and the burning smell, and managed to char half of them. The unburnt half tasted delicious.

I'll definitely be making these again.

Sweet and Salty Toasted Chickpeas (from Indie Fixx)
  1. Drain a can of chickpeas and spread out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
  2. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes (Don"t take them out early like I did. Don't burn them like I did either)
  3. Toss the warm chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp cumin, salt and pepper
  4. Pat yourself on the back that you are eating a tasty snack full of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment