Wednesday 10 August 2011

Not a Creamy Goopy Potato Salad




My picnic salad bonanza continues. Despite feeling swamped with wholesale shows, making product and feeling like the summer is on warp speed, I am still holding on to my picnic dreams.

It will happen.

I made Jamie Oliver's potato salad recipe and it is a welcome alternative to mayo laden potato salads. Who wants to worry about poisoning their picnic guests with spoilt potato salad? It is a fresh and light alternative.

Boil 2.5 to 3 pounds red skinned potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on their size, just until they are easily pierced with a fork. Drain.

Throw in 10 tbsp of olive oil, 4 tbsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of dill (Someone needs to invent a cologne or eau du dill. I love it's fresh delicious scent). Mix all of it together while the potatoes are still warm and there you have it.

Easy peasy as Jamie would say....

No comments:

Post a Comment