Friday 20 May 2011

Distillery Show - May 21, 22 & 23




I am experiencing some mad preparation for the Artisans at the Distillery Show this weekend. I had to exercise supreme self control when a temptress girlfriend tried to lure me away from my work by telling me about a sale at Anthropologie. It took all of my willpower to stay away but I am swamped and will have to wait until after the weekend to reward myself with an Anthropologie treat.

In the meantime, I prep. It will be the first time for Domistyle at The Distillery. I always feel like I am tucked away in another time and place when I am at the Distillery District with its brick streets, winding alleys and old buildings. I love the atmosphere, the galleries and the shops. I will be right outside of Balzac's which has the best coffee around. I never considered myself a coffee snob and wouldn't have thought that I could taste a huge difference, but their coffee is smooooth. I will also be filling up at Soma, heavenly purveyor of divine chocolate treats. I may not sleep for days, will be doing laps around my booth from caffeine and cocoa overload, but it will be well worth it. I'm looking forward to talking with the other artisans and meeting apron fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment