Thursday 28 April 2011

Iyashi Bedrock Spa




I had a heavenly experience yesterday at the Iyashi Bedrock Spa. A friend invited me to join her at the spa, and being a bit of a spa junkie, I jumped at the chance. I have been in work overload, still recovering from The One of a Kind, preparing for upcoming shows and working on new apron designs. I know I need to find a way to keep some balance so the idea of hanging out with my girlfriend and taking a break in the middle of the afternoon sounded perfect.

I didn't know what to expect, but the experience was divine. We lay on slabs of toasty black silica stones in a sauna-like room. There was no talking allowed, which was probably difficult for my Chatty Cathy friend, but soon we were too blissed out and too mellow to think, let alone form sentences. We lay on our slabs, listened to new agey relaxation tunes and started to sweat like crazy. After fifteen minutes we went to a cooling room where we sat in a merry stupor, sipped water and then returned to lie down and sweat some more. By the end of the hour we felt like damp noodles, but were amazingly calm and energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment